It’s no secret that I want to see more of the world. This hopefully means living abroad for a while. However, I do know that the rest of 2017 will be spent continuing to live and work in the UK. I’ll be saving money, getting fit, working on my blog and hobbies and seeing friends and family. Generally, all the things you can’t do when you’re constantly travelling. So what better way to spend 2017 than focusing on UK travel and making sure I actually see and do all of the things that I’ve always been meaning to?! Sure, there will be some beautiful and iconic places that I will have missed, but this is my list of places I really don’t want to miss.
Almost Ginger’s UK Travel Bucket List
North of England
1. The Magical Mystery tour in Liverpool, Merseyside.
The Beatles Story, Liverpool.
3. The Cavern Club, Liverpool.
4. Stay at the Hard Days Night Hotel, Liverpool.
5. Stay 30 St James Street Hotel, Liverpool.
6. Photograph the John Lennon Statue outside the Cavern Club & The Beatles Statue on Albert Docks, Liverpool.
7. Formby Beach, Merseyside.
Chester Zoo, Cheshire.
9. Hebden Bridge, Yorkshire.
10. Whitby Beach, Yorkshire.
11. Ilkley Cinema, Yorkshire.
12. National Museum of Media in Bradford.
Sheffield Doc Fest, Sheffield.
Leeds International Film Festival, Leeds.
15. Alnwick Castle, Northumberland.
16. Isle of Man to stargaze.
South of England
1. The Globe Theatre (Shakespeare’s theatre) in London.
The View from the Shard, London.
BFI’s Flare Film Festival , London.
The Breakfast Club, London.
The National History Museum, London.
The British Museum, London.
The Tower of London, London.
9. The Sky Garden, London.
10. Mad Hatters Afternoon Tea at Sanderson, London.
11. Duck & Waffle Sunrise Breakfast, London.
12. Film Tour of Notting Hill, London.
13. Street Art Tour in Shoreditch, London.
14. Tate Modern Art Gallery, London.
15. Kew Gardens, London.
16. Visit Oxford.
17. Visit Cambridge.
18. The Durdle Door in Dorset.
20. Visit Stonehenge, Wiltshire.
21. Bristol Hot Air Balloon Festival.
22. The Roman Baths, Bath.
23. The Jurassic Coast, from Exmouth to Swanage.
24. Jane Austen’s House Museum in Chawton, Hampshire.
25. The Cotswolds.
26. New Forest.
27. Minack Theatre, Cornwall.
28. Land’s End, Borehamwood.
29. Dreamland, Margate.
If I had yet to see Glasgow or Edinburgh, they would be firmly on this list, but luckily I’ve been to Scotland’s top cities. Looking at all the places I want to visit, a week long road trip would be ideal to hit them all because they’re coincidentally close together.
1. Loch Ness.
2. Ben Nevis.
3. Glenfinnen Viaduct (which is the bridge the Hogwarts Express travels over).
4. Castle Eilean.
6. Isle of Skye including The Fairy Isles.
7. John O’Groats, Scotland.
8. Royal Mile, Edinburgh.
9. Edinburgh Fringe Festival.
The capital city of Cardiff.
Giant’s Causeway, Bushmills.
And that’s your lot! Chances are if I’ve missed any I might’ve already been there, but any you think should be added? Any recommendations?
Sharing is Caring! Pin me:
Updated January 2017