Everything you need to know about my site is here. I take great pride in hiding nothing from my readers. Especially when it comes to my terms & ethics.
Terms & Conditions
a. I will not falsely represent my online influence/statistics or inflate my statistics by buying false readers, followers, fans, etc.
b. I will not falsely claim an expertise or skill that I do not have. For example, I will not claim to have watched a film I haven’t seen or visited a location I have never been to.
c. My loyalty is to my readers for whom my credibility and individuality is crucial.
d. My standards apply not only to my own blog but furthermore, also to my “brand”, across all social media platforms.
2. My Content
a. I only write about experiences and discoveries on trips that I have actually made.
b. I only write about my experiences subjectively and all opinions expressed are my own.
c. I always clearly label any advertising, advertorials, sponsorships, ambassadorships, competitions, gifted or free products received, published by me. I will declare any commercial relationships or associations.
3. As a Publisher
a. I expect to work with companies, tourism organisations, public relations and advertisers/marketers. And, I expect my readers to both understand and accept the commercial nature of that relationship.
b. I will protect the editorial integrity of my content. Always.
c. I will always seek to agree on clear objectives with commercial partners and make clear any limits of cooperation e.g. subjects I will not write about or promote.
d. My goal is to ensure that my influence and services are adequately rewarded.
4. On Travel, Events, and Support
a. I view press trips/blog trips/film events, group or solo trips as an important and effective way to gather content and research destinations. They are not “perks” but a necessary part of the job.
b. I will not let my editorial independence be compromised because a trip or event is hosted, comped or I have been invited.
i. I will seek to clarify in advance the expectations on both sides.
ii. If discrepancies, complications or negative experiences occur in the course of a trip, I undertake to consult first with the host to clarify. And, if possible, resolve the situation. In exceptional circumstances, if the situation cannot be resolved, I reserve the right not to write about the venue/trip/experience just as I reserve the right to write about the venue/trip/experience. I will inform the host of the reasons why.
- Access to this Site cannot be guaranteed. It may be suspended temporarily, indefinitely or permanently and without warning.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information presented on this Site, Almost Ginger cannot accept responsibility for errors.
- Almost Ginger will not be liable for any damages arising from the use of this Site. Or from any action or decision taken as a result of using this Site and the material within.
- These terms are subject to UK laws.
- Unless stated otherwise, all content, including the design of this Site, is owned by Almost Ginger.
- All content that is not owned by Almost Ginger has been properly credited and linked back to the source.
- This Site may include links to other websites and these links are provided for your convenience. Almost Ginger has no responsibility or control over the nature, content and availability of those websites.
- The inclusion of any external links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
- When visiting external links from this Site, please refer to the terms and conditions and privacy notice for each website you choose to visit.
- This Site makes some use of affiliate links. I only recommend products and services I use myself. If you purchase a product or service on an external site via an affiliate link on this Site, I will receive a credit or small payment. This does not increase the cost of the product or service for you. Every effort will be made to notify each post that contains affiliate links.
- Site visitors are welcome and encouraged to submit comments to this site.
- Almost Ginger reserves the right to moderate all comments and edit or remove any content from comments which are considered inappropriate, offensive or spammy.
Contact information including email addresses obtained from this Site must not be used for unsolicited (junk) mailings. However, if you are legit, please feel free to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any personal queries or messages that aren’t suited to the comments section.
Information automatically collected
Like most other websites, when you access these pages, certain non-personally identifiable data you provide will automatically be recorded. These data are recorded through the use of third-party services to enhance the functionality and performance of the Site. These services include but are not limited to, the use of the Google Analytics service. This enables Almost Ginger to monitor usage of the Site which informs the administration and further development of the Site.
Learn more about Google Analytics:
Personal information you may choose to provide
Personal data such as names and email addresses are only collected from Site Visitors with permission, for example, when subscribing to a mailing list.
Almost Ginger will not sell, trade or rent your personal data to others and it will only be used for the sole purpose stated at the time of sharing that information. Access to your personal data will therefore only be provided to those who have a legitimate reason for accessing the information.
Changes to these Terms
- Almost Ginger reserves the right to make changes to these Terms at any time and changes will only be notified via this web page.
If you disagree with any of these terms, then stay classy and thanks for stopping by… but please leave my site for good unless you change your mind.
Terms last updated: 04/07/2017