It’s no secret that I want to see more of the world. This hopefully means living abroad for a while. However, I do know that the rest of 2017 will be spent continuing to live and work in the UK. I’ll be saving money, getting fit, working on my blog and hobbies and seeing friends and family. Generally, all the things you can’t do when you’re constantly travelling. So what better way to spend 2017 than focusing on UK travel and making sure I actually see and do all of the things that I’ve always been meaning to?! Sure, there will be some beautiful and iconic places that I will have missed, but this is my list of places I really don’t want to miss.
Almost Ginger’s UK Travel Bucket List
1. The Magical Mystery tour in Liverpool, Merseyside.
2. Hebden Bridge, Yorkshire.
3. Whitby Beach, Yorkshire.
4. Formby Beach, Merseyside.
Chester Zoo, Cheshire.
Sheffield Doc Fest, Sheffield.
7. Alnwick Castle, Northumberland.
8. National Museum of Media in Bradford.
9. Ilkley Cinema, Yorkshire.
The South of England ones…
10. The Globe Theatre (Shakespeare’s theatre) in London.
The View from the Shard, London.
BFI’s Flare Film Festival , London
14. Isle of Man to stargaze.
15. The Durdle Door in Dorset.
17. Visit Stonehenge, Wiltshire.
18. The Cotswolds.
19. Minack Theatre, Cornwall.
20. Dreamland, Margate.
If I had yet to see Glasgow or Edinburgh, they would be firmly on this list, but luckily I’ve been to Scotland’s top cities. Looking at all the places I want to visit, a week long road trip would be ideal to hit them all because they’re coincidentally close together. With that in mind, it’s possible I won’t hit these any time soon. If I don’t manage to do it this year, it’s definitely something on my larger Bucket List to do eventually.
1. Loch Ness.
2. Ben Nevis.
3. Glenfinnen Viaduct (which is the bridge the Hogwarts Express travels over).
4. Castle Eilean.
6. Isle of Skye including The Fairy Isles.
The capital city of Cardiff.
And that’s your lot! Chances are if I’ve missed any I might’ve already been there, but any you think should be added? Any recommendations?
Sharing is Caring! Pin me:
Updated January 2017